File Management Hub for Compact Teams and Organisations
The Synology DiskStation DS224+ is a compact 2-bay NAS solution designed to bring centralised data management to small organisations and teams. Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) supports creating a private cloud to make working together better for everyone, with tools to manage, share, and protect files and photos, back up devices and data, and manage surveillance recordings.
Access Your Data Anytime, Anywhere
Securely and conveniently store any type of data with the aid of our comprehensive and intuitive access and management tools.
- Access from anywhere directly from your browser without configuring complex port forwarding rules, with Synology QuickConnect
- Browse and manage your files from any browser or through Windows File Explorer, Finder on Mac, and more.
- Keep your photos and videos organized using Synology Photos’ smart sorting functions
- Docker support provides access to a wide range of media management applications available as containers
- Easily incorporate into existing network infrastructure as edge storage thanks to Windows AD and LDAP support
Share, Sync, and Collaborate
Whether sharing photos and videos with family or working on business projects with coworkers around the globe, Synology solutions make sharing, collaboration, and synchronization a breeze.
- Build a private data cloud for easy file management and sharing across all desktop and mobile devices, and keep data on your Synology systems in sync with Synology Drive
- Synchronize data from and to popular cloud storage platforms with Synology Cloud Sync
- Securely share photos and videos with family, friends, or business clients using Synology Photos
- Keep multiple sites in sync by leveraging the power of C2 cloud servers with Synology Hybrid Share.3 Reduce local storage and bandwidth usage by downloading files from the cloud only when needed.
Flexible Data Protection Options
Synology DSM comes with host of backup solutions for different scenarios available at no extra cost.
- Centrally set up and manage backups of Windows endpoints, Linux servers, VMware, Hyper-V, Microsoft 365, and Google Workspace with Active Backup Suite
- Leverage real-time and scheduled backups of your PC folders with Synology Drive to protect data against ransomware attacks or accidental deletion
- Safeguard photos and videos taken on mobile devices with automatic backups to Synology Drive or Synology Photos
- Efficiently back up your entire Synology NAS or select folders to a wide variety of destinations using Hyper Backup
- Store backups to C2 Storage,3 a dedicated and secure cloud destination powered by Synology C2
- Create point-in-time copies of shared folders that can be replicated to other Synology systems and rapidly restored with Snapshot Replication
Private Video Surveillance
Synology Surveillance Station transforms any Synology system into a powerful network video recorder (NVR).
- 8,300+ supported camera models
- ONVIF support for a broader selection of cameras
- Private, subscription-free storage of recordings
- Access through web browsers, desktop clients, and mobile apps
- Event-based rules to trigger specific actions
- Email, SMS, and push notification options
- Simultaneous recording to the cloud with C2 Surveillance for an extra layer of data protection and more convenient sharing
HAT3300 - Hard drives designed for Synology systems
Using 100% conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology, Plus Series disk drives ensure consistent write performance throughout their lifespans.
Easy firmware updates
Firmware updates can be performed directly through DSM, ensuring drives benefit from the latest patches while eliminating the need for disk removal.
Synology Plus Series drives are subjected to thorough compatibility and stress testing to ensure smooth 24/7 operation under multi-user workloads.