Flexible Data Management Platform for Homes and SOHO
The Synology DS1522+ is a versatile 5-bay NAS solution that is easy to scale and expand as your needs change, with optional support for up to 15 drives, fast networking, and NVMe SSD caching. Powered by Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), it offers a flexible all-in-one solution for data sharing, synchronization, backup, and surveillance.
Versatile Storage for Any Purpose
The DS1522+ comes out of the box with intuitive and comprehensive file management, media organization, and backup options, making it ideal for IT enthusiasts, creative professionals, and business owners looking for a powerful and compact storage system.
- Up to 736 MB/s sequential read and 796 MB/s sequential write performance1 enables fast file sharing, syncing, streaming, and backup for multiple users
- Supports 5 x SATA HDD/SSD 2.5" and 3.5" drives, expandable to 15 drives with two Synology DX517 expansion units
- Up to 32 GB DDR4 ECC memory for protection against potential crashes and inadvertent changes in data through automatic correction of data errors
- Accommodate multiple streams or transfer tasks with four Gigabit RJ-45 ports, which can be bonded using Link Aggregation to provide automatic network failover and load balancing
- Maximize return on investment by upgrading your storage platform as more demanding needs arise with two built-in M.2 NVMe SSD cache slots7 and an optional 10GbE RJ-45 Network Upgrade Module
Built for Data Protection and Integrity
Safeguard your critical data with the powerful storage management features of Synology DSM, built on the advanced Btrfs file system.
- Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable and near-instantaneous data protection for shared folders and LUNs
- File and folder-level data restoration enables recovery of specific files or folders
- Flexible storage quota system helps admins manage available space by specifying storage limits for shared folders
- File self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files using mirrored metadata and RAID configurations
- Inline compression minimizes storage consumption and extends the life of drives by compressing data before it is written to the storage pool
Complete Data and Device Backup Solutions
Synology DSM comes standard with a complete package of backup solutions available at no extra cost.
- Active Backup Suite consolidates backup tasks and offers rapid restoration of Windows and Linux endpoints, VMs, Synology NAS, and SaaS applications
- Snapshot Replication creates point-in-time copies of shared folders and LUNs to protect them from accidental modifications or ransomware incidents
- Hyper Backup backs up your NAS data to multiple destinations securely and efficiently with integrity checks and powerful deduplication, compression, and versioning options
- C2 Storage for Hyper Backup offers a dedicated secure public cloud destination for Synology NAS backup data
Powerful Collaboration and Sharing Tools
Synology's productivity suite provides a private cloud solution for on-site and remote workers to concurrently edit documents, share files, manage emails, send instant messages, and more.
- Synology Drive is a cloud file management solution that supports file sharing, remote data access, cross-device and cross-site synchronization, on-demand file restoration, and backup
- The Synology Office extension lets users collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentation slides in real time, supported by convenient options such as file versioning for easy restoration and password protection
- Synology Photos serves as a media organization hub for enthusiasts and professionals looking to efficiently manage and share their photos and videos through intuitive browsing options and secure sharing methods
- Synology Hybrid Share combines reliable on-premises storage and efficient syncing of shared folders in the cloud to enable seamless cross-site synchronization and local file access at LAN speed